Wild Beanie



Posted by Picasa

This is a second attempt at making a funky beanie hat to use up some of the stash - our craft group has decided to make some hats to keep kids warm that need them - if you read on my blog the first one was grabbed - twice in fact !   I decided not to make a traditional beanie and found this pattern with kind of horns - yes, yes, I had to resist making one for my brother in black with red "horns"
This one uses up all odd ends and looks a bit more adventurous than a traditional beanie - I was quite pleased with it and thought it looked pretty OK and clearly Mr Handspinning thought so too as I caught him heading off out the door with it on !   I had to prise this off him too under promise to make his next....
Alex Chunky and Funky Scarf Beginner's Knitting Kit in Box Funky Chunky Knitted Accessories: More Than 60 Ways to Make and Customize Hats, Bags, Scarves, Mittens, and Capelets Knitgrrl: Learn to Knit with 15 Fun and Funky Patterns

Comments