Novelty Yarns

 
Posted by Picasa
 Intertwined: The Art of Handspun Yarn, Modern Patterns and Creative Spinning (Handspun Revolution)  Intertwined: The Art of Handspun Yarn, Modern Patterns, and Creative Spinning (Handspun Revolution) Yarn Bombing: The Art of Crochet and Knit Graffiti

I have reall got into spinning novelty and art yarn lately and can hardly bear to drag myself away from the wheel - I tell you its addictive and all consuming.  I have recently learnt Navajo plying as well and finally got time to switch to my Jumbo flyer after having it sitting in its box in the cupboard "until we got round to it"

Above some of the selection of yarns so far including one with feathers in it, long pieces of stretching fabric and multicolored fleece that I had blended from the stash and my latest passion is tail spinning and designer and art yarn.   Take a look at the book below by Diane Varney and 'Get Spun' for some mind bogglingly totally wild designer art yarns you can spin.  

Spinning Designer Yarns Get Spun Spin Off

Comments