Felted Hat - The Bag that Turned into a Hat !

Posted by Picasa
Felted Hat - first felting for a while !  this took forever to do as it was a Romney fleece - quite clearly I should have used a finer one but was pretty happy with the results as it was intended for outdoor wear on a farm !
Should be good for that ! :)
The How To Felt Process I used:
  • Lay down bubble wrap and then put  fleece on it
  • Overlaid some of the colors where I wanted them
  • Covered with a piece of net curtain to keep it all together 
  • Soaped up the whole lot with soap flakes and warm water 
  • Rubbed the fleece gently around and around to felt it
  • Rolled it up in a large  matchstick placemat to felt it further
  • Check on progress to see if is felting properly 
  • When it looked sufficiently felted I took it out and put it into hot and then cold water and pulled it into the shape I wanted.  


Comments