Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel

Posted by Picasa
I spin on a very well worn in Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel.  This is the second Ashford I have had.   The first wheel came in a kitset and I swore blind that my husband had put it together wrong as the fleece kept disappearing in the orifice !   The person who taught me thought this a huge joke and told me later all her students said the same  - apart that is from the ones who said they couldn't get the fleece to go in at all.  

This one goes like a dream, so smoothly and so relaxing  but wait,  that is probably because I know what I am doing now and not sitting on the edge of my chair, all twitchy and fingers and thumbs.  I don't have one of those  spinning chairs as I either like to spin outside on the deck or under the peach tree if it is hot ( had to give that up as the hens and rooster all gather round and start pecking at the fleece. Out of curiosity I think - unless they can spot bugs I can't see .......
I also have an Ashford Traveller wheel but I much prefer to use the one in the photo although the Traveller is nice and compact if I want to take it anywhere but the 'Joy' Wheel is so much more compact.
I lust after an Ashford Wild Drum Carder so I can make more novelty yarns .....  I wish ......
Buy Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel online  here 

Comments