Hand Painted Spinning Wheel


I use an Ashford Traditional Wheel that is over 30 years old and still going strong.
Quite recently  I went to collect  some  chooks I had bought and spotted an old wheel for sale on the back porch. In a box, in lots of broken pieces.  My husband saw it first and was poking around in the box.
I could just tell he could see the word BARGAIN looming in the air  while I could see the word WORK!

Still, we couldn't just leave it there - who knows what yarns it had spun ?  What tales it could tell ?
Next thing I knew we were driving home with the chooks in the back and a box with spinning wheel pieces that looked more like a jig saw.   He could hardly wait to get to home and resurrect it & I could see  the  kitchen was going to be  taken over with sanding and scraping and carpentry related  activities until it stood in one piece again.
Correct. Nothing was done except sanding and every time he sat down I could see him thinking how to fix it, followed up with "it would look great with one of your paint effects "



Comments